Do I have to learn Korean? > Work tips

본문 바로가기
사이드메뉴 열기

Work tips HOME

Do I have to learn Korean?

Page Info

Content

a80b2b88d995379b190edaae76ea8613_1554513670_6069.jpg

It's not necessary. But I highly recommend that you learn as much as you can. More Korean You are able to understand, the less paranoid and alienated you feel. Alienation and the paranoia which often accompanies it is 90% the result of the foreigners inability to understand what is happening around. Even a little ability will make a difference in how comfortable you feel. 

Some school directors can speak fluent English but some can't and maybe very difficult to communicate with them. 

A teacher may ask one of the Korean teachers to translate for him/her. Also staff meetings are conducted entirely in Korean. You feel excluded during the meeting if you can't understand a word. Being able to speak/read/understand Korean is not a requirement for the job, but you should be prepared for this.  

Our advice is that you should try to get along with your co-workers and learn Korean from them. Even if they are poor English speakers and sometimes they might disturb you and intrude into your personal life, but they will help you as best they can. 

• Send to Twitter
  • Send to Facebook
  • Send to Google+

Job Open : Seoul area 72 / Others 54 Teachers 142